Welcome To Curly Frog Farm
Black Walnut Seeds
Economic Investment with Aesthetic, Food and Environmental Benefits
- Curly Frog Farm Black walnut seeds (Juglans Nigra) and trees because of the inherent value of the species, there has been considerable interest in the planting of black walnut. Plantations are established for a variety of reasons, including long-term investments, the establishment of legacies for children or grandchildren, or the enjoyment of planting and tending trees with the recognition of future economic returns. Properly planned and managed, a black walnut plantation can be a sound economic investment while also providing aesthetic and environmental benefits.
- Black walnut is the most valuable individual tree based solely on the dollar value of the wood produced. This is primarily due to the very high value of walnut veneer; but considerable value also exists in walnut saw-timber, as well as the production of nuts.
- Our black walnut seeds stock originated from the University of Purdue developed from selections made for rapid height and diameter growth and good form resulting in a final product with higher quality marketable timber in less time. These results increase the chances for obtaining veneer grade lumber and high-quality trees desirable for landscaping.
- From our own test orchards, we continue improving seed stock selections to serve your growing needs specializing in a variety of growing conditions such as wet soils, frost pockets and fill soils.
- Have wet soils? Ask about our trees adapted to high water tables and flooding.
- Click on the article below to learn more about Curly Frog Farm and water logged land!
Seed Reserve for 2022 $10 lb
1 – 2-foot seedling Reserve for 2022 $15 ea
In shell for eating $ 5 lb
Black Walnut Superfood
“Nutrient Dense Superfood” with a Rich, Earthy Robust Flavor, Unlike any Other Walnuts!
- The highest protein content of any tree nut (7g/serving)
- Aids in bone structure and growth due to a generous amount of manganese – 55% of the daily value.
- Helps reduce cholesterol, which in turn reduces the risk of heart disease due to a substantial amount of omega-3.
- Protects against cardiovascular disease, cancers, diabetes, and certain neurodegenerative conditions due to high levels of polyunsaturated fats and antioxidants.
- Black Walnuts also have high levels of dietary fibres, folate, and melatonin.
Black Walnut Nutritional Value Fact Sheet PDF
University of Nebraska Nutritional Study on the Black Walnut PDF