Welcome To Curly Frog Farm With The Black Walnut Seeds
Economic Investment with Aesthetic, Food and Environmental Benefits
- Black walnut seeds (Juglans Nigra) and trees because of the inherent value of the species, there has been considerable interest in the planting of black walnut. Plantations are established for a variety of reasons, including long-term investments, the establishment of legacies for children or grandchildren, or the enjoyment of planting and tending trees with the recognition of future economic returns. Properly planned and managed, a black walnut plantation can be a sound economic investment while also providing aesthetic and environmental benefits.
- Black walnut is the most valuable individual tree based solely on the dollar value of the wood produced. This is primarily due to the very high value of walnut veneer; but considerable value also exists in walnut saw-timber, as well as the production of nuts.
- Our black walnut seeds stock originated from the University of Purdue developed from selections made for rapid height and diameter growth and good form resulting in a final product with higher quality marketable timber in less time. These results increase the chances for obtaining veneer grade lumber and high-quality trees desirable for landscaping.
- From our own test orchards, we continue improving seed stock selections to serve your growing needs specializing in a variety of growing conditions such as wet soils, frost pockets and fill soils.
- Have wet soils? Ask about our trees adapted to high water tables and flooding.
Seed Reserve for fall 2019
1 – 2-foot seedling Reserve for 2019
Black Walnuts Superfood
“Nutrient Dense Superfood” with a Rich, Earthy Robust Flavor, Unlike any Other Walnuts!
- The highest protein content of any tree nut (7g/serving)
- Aids in bone structure and growth due to a generous amount of manganese – 55% of the daily value.
- Helps reduce cholesterol, which in turn reduces the risk of heart disease due to a substantial amount of omega-3.
- Protects against cardiovascular disease, cancers, diabetes, and certain neurodegenerative conditions due to high levels of polyunsaturated fats and antioxidants.
- Black Walnuts also have high levels of dietary fibres, folate, and melatonin.
- Hand Harvested and Shelled black walnuts $15.00/pound